Friday, February 26, 2010

SP Smyth


As part of my ongoing coverage of Palm Springs area musicians I’m focusing today on SP Smyth, an artist so local he lives in my house.  Yes, it’s true, I’m my own best audience, so why not be my only critic?  Honestly, I’d love to write about somebody else, but I’m still impatiently waiting to hear back from the other local talent.  Until then, I’ll promote my own career.  
There isn’t a whole lot new to report on since my previous blog entries.  I’m still unsigned, unknown and willing to get on my hands and knees and beg for any sort of recognition. 
On that front, I’ve decided it’s time to get out and start playing live, which is something I’ve been dreading as I get serious stage fright - the sort where I’ll be in the middle of a song and forget the next chord, notes, words or even where I am.  I know this sort of thing gets easier through repetition, so I’ve got to just get out there and play.  I’m looking for other musicians to collaborate with, which has been one of my main motivators for familiarizing myself with the local scene.  We’ll see how that goes.  I bought a new amp and a beautiful Eric Clapton edition Fender Strat, should the performance opportunity arise.
I’ve also been remixing/remastering (as well as re-recording guitar parts for) several of my songs in preparation for a home-made EP I plan to distribute gratis when I visit Austin, Texas for the SxSW Festival next month.  I feel far more comfortable in the studio than on stage, so I’m actually making a lot of progress in that arena.  
For more info and for song and video clips you can visit me at any or all of the following:
Thanks in advance for your patronage and support.  I’m always open to feedback, especially the sort that’s filled with praise and encouragement.

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment