Thursday, June 3, 2010

My Russian River Vacation

Been out of town the past two weeks.  I went to San Francisco to see my dentist - yes, I travel 500 miles twice a year to get my teeth cleaned.  Long story, don’t ask.  I also spent Memorial Day weekend up at the Russian River, which is a resort area about an hour or so north of the Golden Gate Bridge.  I used to dislike the River area quite a bit - it’s a bit rundown, lackluster and populated with a fare share of aged hippies and up’N’coming meth-heads.  I only went because a good friend invited me to her “chalet” for a weekend BBQ with several old friends I don’t get to see very often.  Know what?  I ended up having a spectacular time.  Best I’ve had in a very, very long time.  So, as I said, I used to dislike the River, but now I think it’s one of my favorite places in the world.  But enough about that.
I’ve got so much to catch up on... First of all, I’ve got about 10 bands/acts to share, I’ve got music of my own to work on (which is still on hold until I figure out how to get all my studio devices to play well with my Mac - damn you Apple and your silly Snow Leopard!) and I’ve got a video to finish with LC Messinger.  BTW, in my last entry I mentioned that we were putting together a video for LC’s song “Girl.”  While that may be a reality some day, for the present we’ve decided to work on her song “Say Something,” instead.  That should be ready for viewing in a couple of weeks, provided I can get my video editing software to cooperate.  I also collected some great footage of running water and reveling tourists while on vacation that I plan to use in a video for my own song “Labor Day,” which will commence production as soon as I’m finished with LC.
In terms of unsigned musicians, I’ll work on a new blog entry later today and should have that out in the morning.  And I’m planning an expose on bands from Scotland for next week.  I’ve already written about some of these in earlier entries - June, Stuntman Mike - and with DJ Bluetone’s assistance, I’ve come across more Scottish acts that, fingers crossed, will find themselves with a larger audience and lots of cash and fame sooner than later.
So, until next time...
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment