Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Shameless Self-Promotion




Originally Posted at PsmythSongs.com December 14, 2009

I’ve decided to make some changes to my blogging habits.  First of all, writing seven days a week is simply unrealistic - it requires several hours each day to find new acts, listen carefully to their music, dig up biographical info and write something that I hope is pithy, insightful and informative. 

So from now on I will post only 3-5 new entries per week, depending upon my other schedule demands.  I have also decided that I will periodically spend some time promoting my own work.  Which only seems fair, seeing as I came up with this whole blogging idea to gain more visibility for my stuff in the first place...

OK, about my music.  I write, perform, record, mix and master all my songs, by myself, in my puny recording studio that also doubles as an office.  I like to describe my sound as Gothic Americana.  Influences range from ‘60s and ‘70s psychedelia to ‘80s, 90s and beyond goth, grunge, dance music, Johnny Cash, Ennio Morricone, and a whole slew of other genre’s/musicians/composers.  I realize this appears a bit unfocused, but if you listen to my songs I think I kinda pull it all together... maybe???  I try to write about flowers and puffy white clouds, but it just doesn’t work.  No, you’ll discover little of what one might describe as uplifting in my lyrics - unless you find inspiration in surrendering to the capricious and unpredictable laws of an indifferent, if not hostile universe.  I know I do.  

Anyhow, in the interest of time (I really need to work on a few songs today...) and my flagging attention span, I’d like to leave you with these few words of hope, inspiration and yes, sadly, desperation:

Please visit any and all of the following sites, listen to my music and watch my videos - and leave ratings and comments.  You see, even negative remarks can be very helpful and constructive... I just need feedback!!!


Thank you all.  And may the forces that be bless you if you choose to visit my sites and punish you mercilessly if you do not.

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment